Monday, February 27, 2006

Wherever you are it's always worse somewhere else

I watch Middle Eastern politics. I'm not Jewish, nor Palestinian and I have no interests in the area other than it's a newsworthy topic. It is such a troubled place. This blog in the Guardian today gives an idea of what life is like there.

The same woman blogs on here too.

I wonder whether Yousuf will survive and what he will think of the world if and when he comes away from such a place. In his future, how will he be able to integrate into a modern society which doesn't have the problems he is growing up in?

It's easy to see how, years down the line, the Intifada still grows. And that's how all things as the Israel/Palestinian conflict develop and influence us all for generations to come.

1 comment:

Bane said...

RE: my blogs called Russians and Amerikans. I still feel like my life is one of the lucky. No it has not been perfect and I have made a lot of very poor choices in it but I do not have to worry about civil war learching on my door step. Yet all my not-elected-by-me Governement does is start civil war. Were is the sanity in that?? I'm sorry I really am...