Monday, May 22, 2006

and following on ....

...from my last topic ....

I dispensed with a wolf spider today.

I had to find it first.

I saw it first thing this morning, on the bathroom floor. By the time I had got hold of the glass it had disappeared. So I left the glass ready and went away, figuring it had got into that pile of clothes I'd left on the floor.

I went back later on and shook each piece of clothing carefully. It fell out of the T shirt and scuttled about, seeking shelter. It found the slatted wood and hid in that but I encouraged it out and finally got the glass on it.

I went and got an envelope and slipped that underneath, took the whole thing to a window and showed it to the cat. She was most amused.

I shook the glass out the window. I hung out the window, took away the envelope and watched it sail downwards.

I was left wondering what it thought of it all. Do they come round, stunned, at the end of their journey, thinking 'just what the **** was that?' And how many of them like it and start working out ways to get back so that they have the experience again? Do they call it a mystical experience and have a religion about it? Or do they just get up and go about their business?

No comments: