Monday, July 24, 2006

Adventures in a Rover 114 II

Yep well there we were ... in London

MsP had been appeased for her twials and twibulations and we'd all slept a bit. I am finding it really difficult to sleep in the heat of the night but I was up at 7 am and so caught the flat at one of it's better times of day. The sun was up and shining and there was no traffic noise.

A nice cup of tea and twenty minutes later the rumbles of the city rush hour start.

I was promised breakfast but never got it. I fed the parking meter just before 9am and caught up on my sleep, getting an extra two hours of snooze time on the sofa. I woke and realised the meter had run out so lept up threw my overnight stuff together and went off in the car, leaving MsP to be served by yet another human.

I got to Horsell about 1230 picked up my mate and off we went to Guildford.

"It's only a sapling", he said. That's what he said. It's only a sapling.

Never trust an accountant - especially when it comes to trees - and especially when they are directing your pride and joy into a tight parking space delineated by a tree and an edge down to the next parking space.

I now need a new passenger door for the Rover because the 'sapling' was a cut down tree with young off shoots covering the door level stump that was left.

So we went to the pub where he bought the food and the drink and I drowned my sorrows in a pint of lager.

No comments: