Tuesday, May 08, 2007

SmokeFreeness II

Well .... here's the report from the latest nicotine addict trying to come off the evil stuff.

This weekend was the May Day Bank Holiday in the UK and a friend came up. We went out to see her niece who's just had her 21st birthday and I found out she is not only Aries but her birthday is the day after mine. What an excellent bunch we Arians are :)

We ate and drank far too much and I was very very naughty and blagged a cigarette off a student in the pub. Poor soul was clinging on to his 10 fags and surrendered one to me. I took three puffs and then put it out.

Next day I woke up feeling as sick as a pig - was it the food and wine we'd consumed or was it that naughty cigarette? We'll never know but I usually don't have hangovers or feel sick. The food had a lot of cream and was quite rich and I am not used to such good Italian food.

After Angie had gone south I crawled back into bed for a bit and then went to a BBQ. Almost everyone was smoking there which I found quite tough but I was determined not to slack off again. I felt if I did that then the slacking off would get to be too much of a habit and I would slip back into smoking again all too easily.

I gave a couple of mates a lift home and Christine wants to give up too. She's going to try the lozenges. Quite why she isn't using the patches I'll never know. I think Christine was amazed that I could stand there and let them smoke but not scream for one myself. I did want one and I said so when she asked me how I was managing. However I know that if I want to give up then I have to be firm with myself and not give in. I shouldn't really be giving in as much as I have been doing!

Bank Holiday Monday, I gave myself a treat and didn't put a patch on until 4pm. I was tired and slept for part of the afternoon and then had a long lounge in the bath and I didn't go out to the allotment or do much all day bar potter about and have a duvet day. But I think it did me the world of good to be lazy and destress like that.


Anyhow I went to the Doctor's again today to get a new prescription and I shall post about that after breakfast.

No comments: