Thursday, May 10, 2007

The SmokeFree Diaries - Session IV

Spoke to a friend and a sister on the telephone yesterday. They both smoke and it was strange to hear them puffing away on their cigarettes as I spoke to them.

Kate's husband gave up using the inhaler, which he found helped because it was most like a cigarette.

Wore the patch through the night and so far have consumed four lozenges in two days. So I've had 19 mg of nicotine each day and it is taking the edge of the whole thing.

I still get anxious when going shopping - particularly food shopping. It's the will-I-crack-or-not scenario but I managed to go to the garage on Tuesday night and get some milk and bread. I did buy a small bar of galaxy chocolate though. I have no idea what that means psychologically speaking - the need to buy something that pleases the senses in some way disregarding any health/weight issues.

It was just a small bar.

I still would like a cigarette but I try to rationalise myself past the desire to smoke. If it does continue for much longer I might try an inhaler just to see if that works

Reasons to stay smoke free
  • no ashtray smell in the house
  • no ashtray smell in my hair or clothes
  • a happier cat
  • a richer me
  • not giving money over to companies that sell products which poison me and make me ill. I won't let myself be duped anymore. bwahaha!
  • whiter teeth naturally.
  • reduced risk of heart attack
  • improved circulation
  • not deliberately poisoning myself.
Okay ... I probably need to work on those phrases to turn them around
  • a fresher smelling house
  • fresher smelling clothes
  • a happy cat
  • a richer me
  • a conscious reduction in funding of companies that lie and don't consider their customer's life and health
  • naturally whiter teeth
  • improved circulation
  • less risk of heart attack or cardiac issues
  • being chemical free
There. I wonder how that does on the NLP stakes.

Did I say I had to wash my fleece because it smelt of old cigarette smoke?
I was out a week ago last Tuesday and I could smell this awful smell and realised it was my jacket. So that went in the wash along with my winter fleece.

I'm going to have to do the car soon too because that smells. I still drive with the window open. Strange habits.

No comments: